As we know already that, lighting is important in a house. There are times when we focus too much on decoration and less on lighting that we end up getting a room darker than the others. We tend to make more mistakes when setting the lights for the room. Here are some points to help you avoid these mistakes.
- You don’t consider where natural light will fall. It is known that natural daylight is the best in a room. Natural light makes it look more spacious.
- Focus on where the shadow will fall when the light will be on. Go for horizontal fixture so that it illuminates your face rather than part of your face.
- Choose switches that are controllable, be it during the day or night. Go for dimmer switches.
- Don’t go for the wrong size of the fixture. Choose a chandelier for a large and spacious dining room rather than a mere tube-light.
- If you are opting for lamps, then it should be 30 to 36 inches above the kitchen island. Remember the shade should be at shoulder height.
- Don’t forget to consider the room’s paint color. Go for warm colors on the wall as light reflected on it will lighten up the room.
- Go for light-saving and energy-saving bulbs.
Don’t forget to consult your electrician!